The Synergy Organization is proud to have been retained by MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center (MSMHC), an award-winning 192-bed full-service MedStar Health hospital, to conduct the nationwide search for its Senior Director of Nursing.
About MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center:
• The hospital was recently named as one of the “Best Hospitals in the Country” for Neurology & Neurosurgery and “Best Regional Hospital” for the Washington, D.C. area (US News);
• The Hospital’s award-winning stroke program consistently ranks among the top 10 stroke programs in Maryland;
• MSMHC has more than 49,000 emergency room visits and nearly 12,000 admissions each year;
• MSMHC is 1 of 3 MedStar Health hospitals that are part of the MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute-Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute Alliance;
• Hospital services include a 24-hour emergency department and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory;
• MSMHC is highly respected for Orthopedic Surgery and is home to the region's only Level II Special Care Nursery; and,
• MSMHC provides the highest quality clinical care with advanced technology, innovative medical services, and the region's top doctors to the 800,000 residents it serves.
The Senior Director of Nursing will have the opportunity to:
• Report directly to the Vice President, Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer;
• Be part of defining the overall philosophy, objectives and leadership of MSMHC Nursing Services;
• Lead, direct and support clinical nursing services including Perioperative, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, Women's Services, and the Float pool;
• Contribute to the development and execution of organizational plans to accomplish departmental, hospital and system goals and objectives;
• Facilitate and maintain quality Standards of Nursing Practice within the hospital;
• Conduct daily patient and staff rounding and foster employee engagement; and,
• Ensure positive relations with and between patients, families, clinical staff and associates to ensure harmonious and effective relationships, positive experiences and exceptional outcomes.
The successful candidate will bring:
• A passion for providing quality patient-centered care;
• The ability to serve as a trusted leader, mentor, role model and advisor;
• Successful experience with leading service lines and/or operations;
• Demonstrated experience with writing, implementing and continually improving policies, procedures and standards;
• Experience with Joint Commissions Accreditation standards;
• A Bachelors Degree in Nursing along with a Masters Degree in a related field;
• 5 years of successful leadership experience in the acute hospital setting;
• A deep knowledge of and experience with Operating Room procedures; and,
• Specialty Certification in Nursing Administration may be acquired within the first 12 months of hire.
This exciting career opportunity offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, support from the System and all the resources necessary to succeed! For immediate consideration, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com Please include “SDON” in the subject line.