What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department - Relief - Chestertown
- Relief, minimum of 36 hours required every 16 weeks
- Varies, 0700-01900,00900-2100,1100-2300,1900-0700
- Home to Washington College, the 10th oldest college in the U. S.
- Systematically and continually collects data regarding the health status of the client. The data is recorded, accessible, and communicated to appropriate members of the Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team utilizing system policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.*
- Coordinates a comprehensive individualized Plan of Care for the client, their significant other, and healthcare provider to obtain expected outcomes.*
- Implements the Plan of Care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practice guidelines in a safe and appropriate manner.*
- Determines both the clients progress towards the attainment of expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.*
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities, supervising, nursing, and non-nursing, personnel in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and deliver age-specific care in a safe and appropriate environment.*
- Demonstrates ability in planning, delegation, and coordination of work group activities essential for the provision of quality nursing care.*
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including transport, storage, security, and/or administration of medications to include IV solutions.*
- Establishes short and long range professional goals and implements a plan for achievement of these goals.
- Promotes and participates in activities, which contributes to the successful achievement of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner, demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and other health team members.
- Complies with all federal, and State laws, and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information.
- Uses and discloses only that information, which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, care unit, ccu, infusion, nurse, psychiatric, registed, surgery