Responsibilities and Tasks1. Interprets and enforces hospital and nursing policies, practices and procedures with staff, patients, public and other members of the health team in a consistent, equitable manner.
2. Records any staffing changes, absences, and/or reassignments on appropriate staffing sheets, including entering of information into Meditech staffing and scheduling.
3. Makes independent staffing decisions for on coming shift in accordance with hospital and individual unit volumes and patient acuity by reassigning, calling-in or canceling personnel per established policies.
4. Provides written justification for staffing variances (i. e. overtime, bonus, matrices) to appropriate Clinical Manager/ Director in a timely manner.
5. Coordinates with appropriate physician and administrator on-call the proper institution of alert status and documents in shift report book.
6. Evaluates Registry and unit personnel on the evening, night and weekend shifts in accordance with established performance standards and in collaboration with appropriate persons (i. e. Director or Clinical Manager).
7. Maintains effective intradepartmental working relationships, demonstrating skill in individual communication and as a group facilitator.
8. Makes rounds on all assigned clinical areas of responsibility a minimum of two times per shift.
9. Attends and participates in at least 50% of Nursing Management meetings and at least 50% of Division meetings providing feedback and suggestions regarding clinical and management activities.
10. Respects the dignity, rights and confidentiality of all individuals regardless of social or economic status, personal attributes or nature of health problems.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, intensive care, maternal, neonatal, nurse rn, recovery, registed, surgical, tcu