The Program Manager for Clinical Education and Professional Practice promotes professional nursing development through the application of the principles of adult learning to the development of educational programs and interventions. The Program Manager is responsible for providing innovative leadership and serves as a culture and change m strategist to advance the practice of professional nursing and Clinical Transformation within Bon Secours Health System. This includes establishing partnerships, linkages, and collaboration among nursing, physician and organizational leaders, advanced practice nurses, nurse educators, researchers, and affiliated academic institutions. The Manager serves as a facilitator for the shared decision-making process, and provides leadership for utilization of best practice evidence, , and advancement of professional practice utilizing the ANCC Magnet/Pathways to Excellence Program framework. This individual will direct the system-wide processes for planning, implementing, evaluating and continuous improvement of education programs/services and guide activities for the Institute for Nursing Excellence and Professional Practice to ensure achievement of the BSHSI Strategic Quality Plan.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Five to seven years’ experience in nursing education, with two years’ leadership responsibilities
- Advanced degree in education, adult learning or related field (MS) Nursing degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing; MSN preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in area of nursing specialty; Three to five years’ experience in nursing leadership roles with increasing scope and responsibilities. Current RN licensure.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of adult and professional’s learning theories and practices. Ability to use current learning tools and vehicles to create effective learning experiences and interventions
- Knowledge of instructional design techniques and processes, and ability to create and execute large scale learning programs to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Knowledge of clinical education requirements, standards and practices; knowledgeable of Joint Commission and other local, state and federal regulations
- Relevant professional experience, including successful achievement of Magnet designation at a large organization or health system.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, direct, manage, evaluate and set standards for nursing learning and training function/ program using a systems thinking approach, manage projects and change processes, and effectively and appropriately allocate resources to achieve outcomes
- Knowledge of leadership and management skills essential to the practice of nursing, principles and practices of and current trends in health care delivery across the full continuum of care
- Knowledge of the current theories, principles, practices and standards of as well as emerging technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in the nursing profession, particularly those applicable to the area of assignment/expertise
- Knowledge of the types of nursing practice and delivery systems, understanding of the complexity of the nursing practice environment, roles and responsibilities of the health care team members to achieve quality outcomes..
- Ability to provide leadership coaching support to front line and middle level leaders .
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent management consultation skills and ability to manage client relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate and facilitate the exchange of ideas, across all levels of management and staff, and summarize in communication materials.
- Experience using a comprehensive electronic medical system/CIS
- Candidates in possession/pursuit of an advanced degree in nursing, adult learning, education or related field will be strongly considered.
- Experience in multi-hospital system and experience in multiple dimensions of the care continuum especially desirable.
- Experience with using an EMR, with preference given to knowledge of the EPIC system Previously served as Magnet Program Director, demonstrating superior management and communication skills Knowledge of and utilization of LMS