Pediatric Home Care RN
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Full Time (40 hours), Day Shift
Setting the standard of excellence in patient care, research and education.
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group is seeking a Pediatric Home Care RN to join our team. A position under JHHCG home based services, the Pediatric Home Care RN will be working in the Pediatric Infusion Suite and in the patient's home. Work hours is preferably from 1pm to 9pm but can be flexible.
Provides, coordinates, teaches, and/or supervises care for a group of patients usually in the setting of the patient's home. Employs the appropriate discipline specific process to develop and implement plans of care for patients requiring in-home health and support services, under physician orders. In addition to specific and skilled treatments and procedures, the clinician provides:
• Administration of high tech infusions such as IVIG, Remicade, and Chemotherapy
• Frequent care and use of Central Venous Access devices such as PICCs, Infusaports, and Hickmans
• Evaluation and assessment of patients,
• Care provision, health, and/or developmental teaching to patients and care givers
• Preventive health, care, and/or developmental screening as appropriate,
• Referral and coordination of services in the agency and the community,
• Advocacy for the patient in obtaining / attaining health-related goals.
The clinician ensures adequate service provision, including scheduling of visits, based on patients' identified needs and priorities for care. Complies with all Home Care policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Assists in daily activities of the home health agency administration, orienting/precepting of new employees, and utilization review/management functions as requested and appropriate.
· AA in Nursing required. BSN preferred.
· RN license in the state of Maryland
· Current CPR
· Valid driver's license
· At least three years of direct pediatric nursing experience in an acute care setting preferably in the ISU, Infusion or Pediatric ER.
· Two years home care experience preferred.
For the complete description,
and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/pedmna
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.