Nurse Progression Navigator Faculty
Mar 6, 2018
Nursing/Healthcare Initiatives - HNUR
10 Month Regular
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public, two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning. The college's nationally recognized and award-winning programs help about 49,000 students annually achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.
Anne Arundel Community College has a student body of over 49,000 credit, non-credit, certificate and professional students, including 33 percent of students of color and 1,560 international students from 77 countries.
Located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland near historic Annapolis, home to the U.S. Naval Academy, AACC is conveniently located just minutes from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and downtown Baltimore and is not far from Washington, D.C. Bordering the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, the county has 437 miles of waterfront.
AACC is committed to supporting and sustaining a diverse and inclusive educational and work environment. Diversity is not merely a goal but a value that is embedded throughout the institution in multiple areas including, but not limited to: teaching, learning, student success, workplace effectiveness, and engagement in partnerships with local and global communities.
Nurse Progression Navigator
Director of Nursing and Healthcare Initiatives
Responsible, in conjunction with the Director for:
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of academic progression opportunities.
- Academic advisement of pre-nursing students and nursing students enrolled in the curriculum.
- Monitor and collect data regarding student ongoing progression.
APPOINTMENT: Term contracts – 5 year grant funded.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Anne Arundel Community College is guided by principles that emphasize student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement to maintain a progressive
and vital learning community. AACC is a premier learning organization that is at the forefront of community college education. As such, faculty will:
- deliver instruction in a variety of formats
- integrate learning outcomes assessment techniques in instructional planning, curriculum design and teaching activities
- apply technology to the teaching and learning process
- collaborate in flexible, imaginative problem-solving and
- integrate interdisciplinary and global perspectives into curricula.
While faculty work of 30 faculty load hours per academic year includes primary responsibilities for teaching and assessing learning and for college, school and department service, advising, and professional development, the college seeks to break the frame that traditionally surrounds faculty assignments. In conjunction with their primary responsibilities, and in various combinations, faculty will:
- mentor students, including those students from specific target groups,
- mentor new full-time faculty and part-time faculty
- design, format and deliver curriculum in a variety of formats
- train and consult for workforce initiatives (e.g., for public and corporate partners, etc.)
- develop and implement community education and extended learning programs
- partner with colleagues to enhance services to studentsand the community through recruitment and marketing, advising, retention strategies and activities
- strengthen relations and collaborative activities with K-12 and baccalaureate-granting institutions
- work with “at-risk” populations and
- develop multicultural educational environments that affirm the value of cultural diversity.
- Assist pre-nursing and nursing students in all phases of academic advising and career planning, and in acquiring the skills needed to develop an educational plan, leading to completion of the Associate and Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Develop marketing materials and hold information sessions for perspective students in collaboration with partners.
- Provide detailed information to students concerning program requirements, transfer requirements, curriculum choices, registration procedures and policies.
- Meet regularly with students to review their academic progress.
- Initiate new partnerships to develop articulation agreements promoting seamless progression.
- Meet regularly with university partners to ensure program requirements are current and any changes are incorporated into the marketing materials.
- Collaborate with institutions' financial aid, registration, advising and admissions personnel.
- Collect and analyze data for continuous improvement and to ensure meeting grant outcomes.
- Provide data to complete annual reports.
- Meet deadlines established by the school dean/director/coordinator.
- Insure attendance at all scheduled college and school/departmental meetings. Permission for non-attendance at meetings should be requested from the School Dean.
- Only full-time faculty are empowered to vote at school/department meetings.
- Master's degree or higher in nursing or will have completed by May 2018
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience, including staff supervision.
- Applicants must have experience managing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting budgets
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment, and have strong communication skills.
- Evening and weekend hours required
- Program or grant-funded administration experience within the past five years preferred.
- Earned PhD in Nursing
- Effective leadership, team building skills and a strong commitment to working with diverse students, faculty, administration and community members.
- Proficiency in a second language (Spanish).
For full position descriptions, required qualifications and to apply, please visit our web site at www.aacc.edu/employment and click on Career Opportunities.
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yzxcyh933phvs3yf