Neonatal intensive care nurses perform life-sustaining care for newborns both premature and full term infants with medical problems. Their duties include administering medications, monitoring vital signs and providing vital nutrients to newborns. Because most premature and sick newborns lungs are not fully developed, NICU RNs must ensure that infants are breathing and maturing properly. These specialized nurses work with upper-level nurses and physicians and assist in treatment plans and examinations. NICU nurses are responsible for noting symptoms, health concerns and health improvements, They keep, maintain and update records of the patients care. In addition to medical care, NICU RNs communicate with and educate parents on day-to-day operations as well as home-care procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, psychatric