What You Will Do:
- Under general supervision, consult, and educate in collaboration with nurses, and other professionals to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the acute and rehabilitative care designed for patients with ostomies, complex wounds, pressure sores, and incontinence.
- Support and participate actively in quality management activities directed at evaluating the outcome of skin and wound care interventions.
- Provides formal and informal education on ostomy, skin and wound care for the clinical staff.
- Contributes to the development and dissemination of specialized knowledge in E. T. Nursing within the institution and community by collaborating with the faculty of theSchoolofNursingand Department of Nursing, to develop and implement educational programs.
- Initiates communication with the clinical staff; plans educational programs to ensure a consistently high level of service to patients with ostomies, complex wounds, fistulas, pressure sores, and incontinence.
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, hospice, intensive, intensive care, maternal, mhb, psychiatric, surgery, surgical