Labor and Delivery Nurse also referred to as OB (obstetric) nurses, specializes in assisting the doctor in the care of pregnant woman and the delivery of babies. They are responsible for preparing delivery rooms, Prepping patients, Sterilizing and preparing instruments, caring for babies immediately after birth and explaining after birth care to parents. Labor delivery nurses work in birthing rooms as well as assist in OR during c sections. They are responsible for monitoring g the mother and baby through the birthing process and informing the doctor of progress and any complications. One or more year experience and Basic life support certification required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: asn, care unit, coronary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, unit