What You Will Do:
Be a Part of Something Greater by working in a world class, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center providing expert multidisciplinary care for children from infants to young adults with life-threatening conditions. We meet the unique needs of these specialized populations by integrating safety-focused, family-centered patient care with superb service, while individualizing patient education and psycho-social support. We endeavor to incorporate current evidence and innovative research into our practice, throughout the continuum of care.
University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking an Experienced PEDS Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Pediatric Progressive Care Unit Nursing Team!
- Experienced Nurses (RN) with 1+ years experience required
- Pediatric experience strongly preferred
What You Will Do:
Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model:Opportunities to progress in function, skills, collaboration, growth, leadership and pay through our advancement model;
- A collaborative work environment;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Centerwith Magnet Designation;
- Work Life Balance: paid vacation, personal days, separate sick time, and floating holidays;
- A full benefit packageincluding a three tiered health, vision & dental package, life insurance, Employer paid matching retirement contributions, and other programs;
- A competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Tuition reimbursement for your continued education;
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement;
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won t find a more vibrant place to work!
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, domiciliary, infusion, mhb, nurse, psychatric, staff nurse, surgical, transitional