Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a cancer research nurse to participate as a member of a research team studying genetic, clinical, and environmental factors associated with cancer in families and other populations.
· Assisting in the preparation and implementation of study protocols.
· Utilizing established resources to design study methods to meet study objectives.
· Coordinating the collection of epidemiologic, genetic, and clinical data.
· Participate in an interdisciplinary team supporting clinical evaluation and follow up.
· A bachelor’s degree in nursing with 8 years of experience and 2 years of experience in adult and/or pediatric oncology nursing is required.
· Current RN licensure is required.
· A master’s degree or equivalent in nursing, public health, or related field is preferred.
· Experience in research and genetics is desirable.
Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be detail oriented and able to work in team environment.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.